We worked with Bletchley Park Trust to begin the restoration of one of the most important historic sites in the country. The huts at Bletchley housed highly secret communications, cipher and code operations.
The Maltings were built by Bass Breweries at the start of the 20th century and were the largest of their kind in the country. Some of the buildings still contain equipment of the former malting processes.
We acted as the Project Advisor for the heritage elements of the scheme to restore the main and establish a museum on site. The building was built in 1776 and significantly extended in 1788 by Sir John Soane. It was acquired by the Royal Air Force in 1926 and housed the headquarters of Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain.
Dreamland lies in centre of Margate and was once the heart of the town's visitor appeal. It is the first fairground attraction in the UK to be listed and sits in a Conservation Area that includes a Grade II* listed cinema and Grade II listed menagerie cages.
Eastbrook Hall was built as a Methodist Central Hall and became known as the 'Methodist Cathedral of the North.' It was first opened in 1904 but became vacant by the 1980s; a major fire in 1996 turned this once impressive Bradford historic building into a blight on the horizon.
We helped them develop a strategy to set up a local building preservation group and supported a phased approach which allowed the regeneration to build up over time, with careful consideration to the preservation of the heritage and supporting the community's needs.
The Palace was built by Edmund Earl of Cornwall in 1292. In 1337, the Black Prince was created the first Duke of Cornwall and he made this Palace the administrative centre. It was from here the Duchy was managed and developed a strong association with the tin mining industry.
In 1997, we were approached by the local residents living near Sowerby Bridge about their wonderful collection of 18th and 19th century canal buildings that had fallen into terrible dereliction. The buildings sit at the head of the Calder and Hebble Navigation and adjoining Rochdale Canal.